Bristol airport is about 8 miles outside the centre of Bristol
We have listed hotels and places to eat that are centrally placed close to the main business area.
For piles more information check the Visit Bristol website
Bus: Bristol Flyer Coach takes you to the bus station in the Centre of Bristol. 30 minutes, £7. Stops at Bristol Temple Meads mainline railway station en route.
Taxi: Arrow Private Hire. About £30 with a standard car from the airport to the centre of Bristol
By Rail: There are no trains or trams that go to Bristol Airport. Take the Bristol FLyer coach from the airport to Bristol Temple Meads (8 miles)
There is not an official Central Business District but you could say the area from Bristol Temple Meads, across Queen Square and then across to Millenium Square on the other side of the docks is a main business area. There are a bunch of good mid-range hotels in that area that include:
- Premier Inn: “Lewins Mead” Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2PY
- Travelodge: Mitchell Lane or Anchor Road
- Ibis: Millenium Promenade, just off Millenium Square
- Mercure: Redclife Hill
- Shopping: Cabot Circus in the centre. Very large cinema there too.
- Clifton Village, the suspension bridge. If the weather is nice have a beer at the Avon Gorge hotel
- Walk around the dock
- SS Great Britain.
- Clifton Rocks funicular railway. Only open a few days a year – book well ahead
- Cabot Tower on Brandon Hill with a great view over the dock and University precinct.
- Take the river ferry. Stops at multiple points. Pick up from Redcliffe Back at the end of Park Street